Tuesday, March 17, 2015

London Part V: Brunch at Tom's and Kew Botanical Gardens

Our last day in London graced us with beautiful sunny weather, which I always think calls for brunch. (To be fair, I think every single day under any weather circumstances calls for brunch). We headed to Tom's Cafe in Notting Hill, which I've heard about from a few different London bloggers. And we weren't disappointed!

The atmosphere was absolutely adorable and I would go back in a heartbeat, except that we learned that Tom's is sadly due to close within the next week! Definitely a shame, as the food was also pretty delicious.
I ordered a latte and wholemeal pancakes with a lemon crème frâiche sauce, maple syrup and chunks of rhubarb. Drool.
Sometimes I just want to live in a flower shop. I always want to buy flowers but neither hostel rooms nor dorm rooms seem a worthy enough setting for a vase of flowers.

We spent the rest of the afternoon in the Kew Botanical Gardens, which was big enough to spend a full day in. The air started to get a little chilly once the sun started going down, but it was so pleasant to see some flowers growing and it gave me hope for the arrival of spring in the near future.

Another peacock! Two sightings in two days, how lucky am I?
All in all, it was a great last day in the London area. I always held London for that special city that I needed to go to, and it didn't disappoint. I think it's safe to say I'll be back soon. Cheers!
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates by pipdig