Monday, December 8, 2014

More Christkindlmärkte! (Friday night adventures)

This weekend we spent our Friday night meandering around several Christkindmarkts with some of our students and mentors. We started at the the Mitttlealter market, then moseyed on over to the one in der Rezidenz, next to the one at Rindermarkt (my personal favorite), and finally to the big kahuna at Tollwood. Several cups of Glühwein and Feuerzangenbowle were consumed, many laughs were had, and many shivers (and general laziness) unfortunately kept me from documenting a good part of this evening. But here are a few good shots I got throughout the night!The Rindermarkt Christkindlmarkt definitely had the most stunning decorations--if only we had a little snow too!
How visually appealing is that display of ornaments? And this soap? I mostly just wanted to stare at it, but I took a sniff of the lavender scent and I have to say, the smelled as good as they looked. These are just a few of the many wares at the Mittelalter, Renaissance-style Christkindlmarkt.

I'm starting to get extremely excited about Christmas, and especially coming home and seeing my family. 12 more days! Sending good Christmas/Holiday vibes to you all!

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates by pipdig